I know I’ve been quiet, but there’s been a lot of work going on. Enough about me though, on with the liveblog.
Today’s hearing is in AF Holdings V Does, and takes place in lovely Minneapolis. Judge Franklin Noel has called the hearing to deal with evidentiary matters, in Courtroom 9W, U.S. Courthouse, 300 South Fourth Street, Minneapolis, MN on September 30, 2013 at 9:30am. The order is under the liveblog.
And of course, don’t forget to help out on the Prenda Wiki – still a lot of work needs doing there.
The case docket is HERE (will open in a new tab)
- The Court will hold an evidentiary hearing in Courtroom 9W, U.S. Courthouse, 300 South Fourth Street, Minneapolis, MN on September 30, 2013 at 9:30am.
- The scope of the evidentiary hearing will be limited to whether the following documents are authentic:
- The copyright-assignment agreement for “Popular Demand” dated December 20, 2011 and attached as Exhibit B to ECF No. 1 in 12-cv-1446, 12-cv-1447, and 12-cv-1449;
- The copyright-assignment agreement for “Sexual Obsession” dated June 12, 2011 and attached as Exhibit B to ECF No. 1 in 12-cv-1445 and 12-cv-1448.
- The plaintiff, as the proponent of the documents in question, shall bear the burden of establishing that each document is authentic. See Fed. R. Evid. 901(a) (“To satisfy the requirement of authenticating or identifying an item of evidence, the proponent must produce evidence sufficient to support a finding that the item is what the proponent claims it is.”)
- Mr. Alan Cooper shall appear in person at the evidentiary hearing.
- An officer of the plaintiff, capable of testifying as to the authenticity of each document, shall appear in person at the evidentiary hearing.
- Mr. Paul Godfread’s request to file a motion to intervene in these cases (ECF No. 18 for 12-cv-1449) for the limited purpose of challenging the authenticity of the documents described above is GRANTED. Any such motion shall be filed forthwith.